Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sore and Happy

I had two great accomplishments this weekend. The first would be that I did the second games WOD on Friday! It involved deadlifts which was scary because yes I have finally done a heavy deadlift but I haven't done a deadlift workout so I can tell you I was nervous. Nervous that I couldn't sleep the night before and that I had the worse dream that I injured my back again! So, I got up and I started slow at first and I had a goal of six rounds... Ughh I was oh so close to the six rounds two box jumps away! I am still proud my back felt good and I felt that I gave it all I could. So short story yeah I rocked out on the deads and I was so happy... Move to Saturday ... 10k race...

Let me tell you by no means am I a runner. I hate running in workouts I don't like to run in general but I have always wanted to do a 10k and my good friend Linds was doing it and she is a great motivator for me so I decided why not. I also wanted to test out all this CrossFit I have been doing after all I should be able to do just about anything. So I got up and I ran I had a time to come in at, which was an hour and you know what I did it one hour two minutes and I was so proud. I felt really great while I was running I felt good I had a good heartrate, I stopped twice because I don't know how people can drink water from a cup and run at the same time! So I walked to drink the water all in and all I am so happy! My body on the other hand maybe not so much! I am in so much pain now, I hurt to the touch and I can barely walk but it is worth it! I ran my 10k race and I ran hard and fast so on to the next ......

1 comment:

  1. great job katie! the first race is always the hardest but now you know you can do it...next time under an hour!!! :)

    ReplyDelete