Monday, March 21, 2011

Surge of Energy

I have to say I am pretty happy today. I hit a huge goal of mine yesterday actually I surpassed the goal. Ever since I have injured my back I have been taking a slow and steady approach to my training and for the last six months have not hit a 1 rep max. It has been hard for me to watch everyone else hit their maxes and feel so accomplished and to be honest the entire six months I have felt kinda like mush. BUT the time has finally come it has been six months I have been very careful with my back and this past week I hit my four new 1 rep maxes. It felt amazing, it kinda added a big shock of energy back into my life. I really really needed it.

These next couple weeks are rough and I always get down and am pretty upset, but it is kinda hard to be upset with my life when I can look back at a lift and same WOW I just did that ... And to be honest since the video was posted I have watched it a couple times and been like wait that is me I am lifting it off the ground. Oh yeah I am talking about deadlifting 205 lbs :) lil ole me 115 lbs can deadlift that with ease.

As almost everyone knows I have been deathly afraid of deadlifting ever since I hurt my back and yesterday was no exception I was pretty scared and I refused to count the weight I just told myself once the back hurts stop but as I watched the fellow members at my gym lift heavy it inspired me to keep going and once my trainers saw my lifts they wanted me to keep going and going and then boom all of a sudden I was at 205.

My deadlift has just given me the surge I needed for these next two weeks and it just reminds me of how far I have come in my life and in CrossFit! I never thought I would be so happy to say I can deadlift again. Not sure the point of this post besides the fact that I am happy and I normally am never not during this time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment