Tuesday, March 8, 2011

To Compete or Not to ?

To Compete or Not to Compete?

I have been wrestling with this for about a good six months now. For a huge majority of the time I was like I would never compete I am not that good I don't compare to the beasts of CrossFit, but as I have rehabilitated my back, built up my core, I have building up the confidence to compete. I sometimes still see the times on the board and am like what am I thinking? Well I am thinking that I am ready to see what I can do in a pressure situation, I am thinking that I don't care how everyone else does I care that I did it. I believe I can represent everything I have been working on in CrossFit and in my life and this is kinda like a culmination of everything I have been striving for this past year. So to compete or not to I guess it isn't for everyone but it is for me. I might not be the top athlete but I have the heart and the spirit ... And so it begins I am changing up my routine at CrossFit making sacrifices so that I have the best chances come ready ... So although it may not be a competition, my first race is a 10k at Seal Beach on April 2 and I am ready to run hard, run fast, and do my best ... and of course be surround by some fabulous friends from my CrossFit Costa Mesa family :)

1 comment:

  1. katie, i love this and i love you. i know you can do whatever you put your heart and mind to. i'm right there with you girl... and i'll always cheer you on ;)

    ReplyDelete