Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Be A Shark


I constantly feel like there is always something wrong in my life. When one positive thing happens, two negative things happen. I constantly feel overwhelmed with my life, if it isn't money, it is my career path, my parents, my love life etc. Then I remember what my Mom has always told me you have to work hard for what you want, you can't expect things to just happen you have to make it happen for yourself. How true my wise mother is. I need to get up and make it happen ... a friend told me a funny quote today but I realized how true it is "Sharks have to keep swimming or they die. Be a shark."

Sharks go after what they want they aren't lazy they attack. I got to attack, I can't just lie in bed and throw a pity party I got to get up, dance a little maybe, and go outside and make it happen. As, always everything for me comes full circle to CrossFit. I want to be a Shark in CF, we have sharks at our gym and I want to be them and I know I can. I just have to keep working, through injury, through the frustrations I have with my outside world, I got to step into the gym and "shark it up!" Lately, I have felt like a big shark in the gym, 50 pull-ups RX, PR's .... :) Nothing can stop me, maybe my stupid back but still I will do everything I can to not let it.

CF can really transcend into the rest of my life though. I have recently been complaining to my friends about how my life is terrible but I need to stop talking and be as proactive as I can. I could just let the setbacks swallow me whole or I could just try harder. I could just let my passion for life die or I could "swim" ... if I can do 50 pull-ups and come off the bar and say nothing but a peanut, I can for sure kick my butt into gear and climb the hills of life and look back and say "Ain't nothing but a peanut" !!

My mind is ready to "Keep Swimming !"

No comments:

Post a Comment