Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pain is Good

One of the most amazing things I have learned about CrossFit is the pain of Crossfit and the joys that come from that burning pain. You do one WOD and you are dying on the floor literally or you are outside puking your brains out and for a split second you think to yourself why am I putting myself through this, who does this for fun? I probably ask that question not only after I do the WOD but during it and when I walk in and read what I am about to put myself through!

The one thing about Crossfit is this is not bad pain its good pain. Its the pain of knowing you are eating wrong, the pain of knowing that you are not treating the body the way you should be, the pain of realizing damn you just put your body through such a good workout, muscle pain, new muscle growing pain ... any pain you can think of but its all good pain.

And one might hate this pain but its a good pain! It helps you overcome the emotional pain of life. It makes you stronger not only physically but mentally! You kick your brain for giving up but you push through. Everyday I step onto the blackmats of the CrossFit floor and I embrace the pain because one day you will look at yourself and realize it was all worth it.

So in the end yes Pain is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment