Thursday, February 4, 2010

Beginnings of Crossfit Passion

I use to hate CrossFit I will be the first one to admit it. I thought it was a cult, I thought it was only for boys and I thought that if I did it I would look like a boy too. I was also scared that if I ever tried it I would be weak and the people would look down on me. Boy was I ever wrong about that.

I was first introduced to CrossFit by my ex who was constantly talking about how amazing it was. I remember him telling me once that the gym I went to was doing nothing for me and that Crossfit was the new thing. I was stubborn didn't listen I had a groove; get up go to YMCA be on a machine for one and half hours and then I would be in great shape. He constantly would talk about it still and I guess to shut him up I decided to go and try it out. I literally went into it with the mindset that I was never going to actually sign up. This wasn't for me, this was a guy thing.

So I took my first Crossfit class at Crossfit LA, Becca was my instructor and I took everything she said in and then she was like alright lets do WOD. A WOD oh god I had heard about WOD's jesus was she for real? It was the basic baseline WOD and once I was done I was dead. I had never sweat so much in my life since I was in high school playing tennis. I couldn't believe it. I was surprised and happy I had done it. As I was about to leave I glanced over and saw this woman doing pull-ups and I was like wooahhhh wait a minute I want to do that but I wasn't entirely convinced yet. What about if I could never get there?

I took sometime to think about it and then I thought why not give it a try what is the worst that could happen, I get fit!? So I decided to look for a Crossfit closer to my place and I found one Crossfit Paradiso. It was just in its beginning stages, the "gym" was located in a former restaurant but it had everything that you would need to do a WOD and I basically got private instruction. For that moment on I realized that there was just something about Crossfit that began to shape my life. First off, a month into it I was performing better in my job and was gaining more confidence.

Honestly, Crossfit is something anyone can do and I will be the first to say I never wanted to do it because I didn't think I could but now that its coming on a year and it is one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. CrossFit; you will love it if you try it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment